That One Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Azrael's Abilities (Whip)
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:29 pm by Octobutterfly

» Erynn Rae WIP
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 5:12 pm by Serephene Basaka

» Scarlet Sombra-W.I.P
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:31 am by Naga

» Star Wars (Short RP)
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 11:26 pm by Zechs

» A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All)
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:41 pm by Sumaru

» Sumaru's abilties
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptySat May 09, 2015 6:16 pm by Sumaru

» Sumaru Amaya
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:54 pm by Sumaru

» Flynn's deuteragonist (other main) character!
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:31 pm by Exsolus

» Augustus Chroma- W.I.P
A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:47 pm by Augustus Chroma

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Guide

A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All)

5 posters

Go down

A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) Empty A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All)

Post by Exsolus Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:06 pm

"I like this one; and this one just smells divine. Can you do these ones?".
Flynn C. Argall handed the two tiny bushels of foreign flowers to the shopkeeper girl, his other hand rummaging through the deep waist pockets for his coin purse.

The weather was perfect for a stroll and more than just young Flynn had taken to the advantage of the clear skies, glistening sun, and intoxicating aromas that wafted through the shops and displays set up for the rosebud mercantile. Having been a return visitor for the mercantile, Flynn marked off his mental chart of each event that filled up the publicity for the day and made an attempt to immerse himself as much as he could. From the events and competitions of pollen paintings, herbal therapeutics, and competitive flower picking (you'd be surprised how hard core this gets), and off the beaten path to the odd shops that swamped the shopping district, offering a vast array of assorted services, each an individually unique experience.
It was a mesmerizing sight in and of itself. Each shop and stand built upon stained and polished woodwork, decorated in varying hues of glass and quartz crystal sending millions of bright rays over the town in every nook and hole the light could pour through. It was peaceful. It was relaxing.

"All finished, would you like this on a chain or leather?". The girl running the stand had returned, holding a small cloth with an indent pushing upwards. The cloth was stained in damp colours. One a bright pink and the other a blistering red. He took another look over her. She was young; as young as he was and dressed in a vibrant robin blue dressing garb that covered everything but a slim stretch of her stomach and her left shoulder. It was modest, earning his approval, but was an obvious sign of wealth. Most likely a daughter of a successful merchant. Most of the shopkeepers in the mercantile were low class, trying to earn a living and taking a jump at the busiest retail time of the year.
"Hmm..." Flynn took a moment to consider. "Leather would be great, please". She voiced her acknowledgement and dipped her head; a common gesture of mannerism in the culture of Granite. Minutes later, she had presented him with a cloth wrapping and a smile. He exchanged with her some coins, a little too much, but allowed her to keep the change and went on his way.
Within the pouch was a small stone oval pendant coloured in a dark orange, virtually black. There was nothing special to notice, nothing engraved about it, but there was a different purpose entirely. Flynn slipped on the pendant and tucked it under his shirt, welcoming the cool stone against his skin in contrast to the warm rays of sun showering the village. He began a trek down the dirt path, further into the quarry.
A Tas stone pendant, a new manner of therapy using the signature crystal quarts stone mined in the area called Tas. Normally it was clear as glass with a mild pigment, but when dipped in pure pollen oil, it sucked in the liquid and turned purely opaque as if normal granite. This imbued the stone with a scent that would never fade or dull, and would always stay a fresh scent to the wearer as long as they wore it.
Flynn pressed the stone to his upper lip and softly inhaled.
"Heavenly".
Exsolus
Exsolus

Back to top Go down

A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) Empty Re: A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All)

Post by Serephene Basaka Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:33 pm

The shops were all open, welcoming the busy street with their various products. Several merchants sold food and pastries, the scent of the sweets attracting many children to come and play before the stalls. The day was sunny, bright with not only the light but the cheerfulness of the crowd as well. Serephene's stride was calm, longer than most human women's would be due to her physique. Donned over her was an unusual array of silk, leather, and metal. The leather made her slacks, studded with polished iron works. The design made by the iron was artistic in nature, swirling into an unending void. The silk, however, wrapped around her in a dress-like fashion. Hiding all of her body but her forearms and neck, tendrils swinging from her elbows with iron rings at the end. The odd fashion, accompanied with her features, drew the eyes of many people. Walking up to one of the stalls, Serephene opened her pouch.

"Madam, I would like to buy one of your longswords. With that, I would love to purchase your Elder Tome, and a pastry of your choosing. Money is no issue, if you are worried of that."

Kindness touched the half-elfs eyes, causing the older woman behind the stall to blush. Noting the amount, Serephene paid fairly for each product. Nodding to the Blacksmith, she took the older woman's tome and pastry- putting the former in her leather bag. Patiently waiting, the elf watched the Blacksmith take one of his longswords off of the wall- putting it within a hard leather sheath securely. A smile made its way onto her face, gentle in nature.

"Ma'am, I have to warn you, this weapon is quite heavy.." Handing the weapon over, the older man looked at Serephene's thin frame- uncertain as to whether the thiner being could handle the weight. As if she knew his thoughts, Serephene took the weapon with one hand. "Don't worry, sir. I can lift a fair load. Thank you, however, for your concern.. I appreciate it."

Strapping the weapon on, Basaka continued down the road- looking at all of the markets appreciatively.
Serephene Basaka
Serephene Basaka

Back to top Go down

A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All) Empty Re: A Lovely Season (Fully Open to All)

Post by Exsolus Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:45 pm

"Hey,-" Flynn cleared his throat. "Hello there, miss. Yes, yes you with the sword and the... Ears. Hi. I have a favour to ask". The young lad rubbed his shoulder, as if winding up his arm. Alongside the mercantile road, he had seen the woman lift and place a large broadsword with considerable ease. He had always found a lack of reservation in events like the rosebud, so confronting a stranger was rather enjoyable.

"Would you be willing to do me a favour? Have an arm wrestle with me. If you want".
Exsolus
Exsolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Serephene Basaka Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 am

Serephene stared at the human in surprise. He, like most people, had pointed out the ears. Her only thought was that he had stated them latter, rather than at the get-go. Aside from that, he was blunt. A trait that she rather appreciated. The half-elf looked him up and down, noting no attraction- only eagerness at the task he requested.

"An... Arm wrestle? I'm afraid that I'm not from these parts, and that your competition has gone over my head. If you wish such an event to occur.. I'm afraid that you'd have to explain it to me. I-I'm sorry for my ignorance.."

Blushing, Serephene rubbed the back of her head- cheeks heating up from her ignorance.
Serephene Basaka
Serephene Basaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Exsolus Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:44 pm

Flynn frowned to one side, subconsciously tilting his head. "Yet you seem to understand it's a competition?" He broke a smile and waved it off. "Here, I'll show you in greater detail".
Close by in the southern mercantile stood an array of desks, tables, and other profusely crafted surfaces hosting the court eateries. Taking his place after his accompaniment, he placed his arm on the table with a set gaze, lifted in the position to grasp another-- the set for an arm wrestle.
"It's pretty simple. You just..." He explained in detail far greater than necessary, explaining rules, techniques, styles. "So, are you up to it?".

(OOC: Just taking the action that we both walked in order to save time).
Exsolus
Exsolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Serephene Basaka Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:08 pm

(OOC: You realize 'Wrestle' lead her t- You'll see.)

"Well, you had said 'Arm WRESTLE' after all.. But, I shall enjoy this game regardless. So, it's honestly a match of strength? No wits involved?"
Sitting down, Serephene eyed the readied arm warily, unsure of the motives behind the random challenge. Staring towards Flynn, she readied her own appendage.

"Very well."
Serephene Basaka
Serephene Basaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:38 pm

The sunny weather of the small town set Zechs' usual caution at ease, and he felt peaceful at the general presence of the people, however he still kept his mask on, at times it even slips his attention that it's being worn. Walking through the streets, the overwhelming scents around him caused him to sneeze. A lot. "There had to be some downs to this place.." Finally spotting somewhere for food, he gave his order, payment, and left without any more than a bow and a calm yet sincere "Thank you very much." He side-stepped through the crowds with ease, the broth of his food barely moving to one side of the bowl or another.

Zechs sat down in the court in a seat that wobbled at the slightest movement. However, the bowl of steaming ramen kept his attention. His bites were fast and ferocious, but the newly arrived company grabbed his gaze for a moment, enough for him to see they were engaging in an arm wrestle. Leaning over with noodles still connected to the bowl and his mouth, he glanced over for a second to see what exactly was happening. From his full mouth he uttered to himself, "Oh, an arm wrestle? Here?"

Finishing his bowl and pushing it more toward the center of the table, he turned his chair a bit more toward the two strangers, and decided to watch the out-come. "An interesting sight, certainly here. I wonder what brought it on.."
Zechs
Zechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Exsolus Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:28 pm

"Mm, quite the precariously selective knowledge, eh?" Flynn rose an eyebrow, tilting his head in mock skepticism. "I'm kidding, though". He took the woman's hand in the correct position, stretching his shoulder once more.
"We push in a perfectly vertical angle until one of our wrists touches the table, okay? When I say go, then it starts!".
Flynn eyed his hand, then his opponent's.
"Ready... Go!".
Exsolus
Exsolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Serephene Basaka Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:47 pm

I could feel his strength pitted against mine. We were almost equal, veins and sinew in our arms bulged as we continued to push against the other.

"It's not that it's selective, it's just that I've never seen this done before! Though, if you had asked for a mud pit, I'dve easily jumped the gun for that wreslting match!"

Grunting, I put more force into my right arm, the balance in our strengths began to waver- along with our matched arms.

He's stronger than I gave him credit for... My pride demands that I win, but that might cost anonymity..
Serephene Basaka
Serephene Basaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Exsolus Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:32 am

Flynn stared at the back of his opponent's hand, setting his concentration away from the match and into a realm of deep thought progression. However, his arm remained in a perfectly even scale against the woman's. His face was completely passive; betraying no emotion in the slightest.

After around a full minute of contest, Flynn looked up from his daze and felt his casual smile return. In a flash, his hand smashed against the wooden table with such force, the wood splintered in several areas. He withdrew his hand with an amused laugh. "Wow, that was something". He waved his hand horizontally as if wounded. "Looks like I couldn't meet the match, huh?" He picked a few splinters off the back of his hand and shot to his feet. He arched his back as he stretched. "Well, that was fun. Thanks for humouring me. Would you like to accompany me further down the mercantile? They commonly have fun contests and such designed for magic users to participate in. Can you use magic at all, miss...?".
Exsolus
Exsolus

Back to top Go down

Post by Serephene Basaka Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:11 pm

"You can call me Serephene, Sir. As per your question, I can use a bit of Magic. Not too much, but enough to defend myself, as any woman would need to."

He held back. No one can keep match with me that long, and not have something in reserve. I wonder... A fine trophy, this male. He's caught my interest...

"I don't see why not. It's my first day in the town, honestly. It'd be nice to have someone with me who knows what they're doing!"

A small smile pulled the corner of my lips into a grin. That's when I finally addressed our spectator-A masked individual clad in white armor that resounded elegance and royalty.

"Sir, would you care to join us? If that's alright with this man as well, of course. The more the merrier, as they say."
Serephene Basaka
Serephene Basaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Zechs Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Zechs saw the match end in practically an instant, which gave him the impression they weren't serious, or it was thrown. But regardless, he turned back to his bowl, scraping his utensil around for any leftover bits.

His thoughts trailed off slightly, and the dialogue between the two strangers was only faintly being heard in the background, until eventually he heard one of them speak up and to someone else. He leaned back, glancing over and seeing no one take attention to their words, and looked back to the two. He started to get up calmly, slowly beginning to speak with a cold tone, "Alright, then. I accep-" Before he could continue, the chair he pushed on cracked and collapsed on itself, the fall causing his hood to fall, revealing his white hair, and mask fly off and land at the feet of the strangers. "Tch.. It would give out on my time with it, huh.." Zechs muttered to himself, unaware his mask came off.
Zechs
Zechs

Back to top Go down

Post by Naga Mon May 04, 2015 8:24 am

The bustling mercantile of Granite was one of the more preferable places for Zephyr to visit. It's constant activity and infinite liveliness made him feel much safer, the chatter of nearby customers and hagglers reassuring him. A soft wind whistled past his face, brushing his messy hair back whilst the sun blasted light at his direction. Though quite hot, this at least worked to lighten the mood. Zephyr shook his head, internally berating himself for making yet another bad pun as he moved to find some shade.

As he walked through the mercantile, he heard the all-too familiar crack of a chair breaking. Startled, he quickly turned to face he damaged furniture and a group of three standing in front of it. One in particular caught his eye. His snow-white hair spiked up, his body obscured in regal white armour. In front of this person lay a mask shaped like the eyes of a fox.

Zephyr had to suppress a chuckle at the sight of a royal figure strewn on the floor, a broken chair behind him. He also had to suppress his curiosity because, if this man was who he though he was, it would be best not to attract too much attention to him.

Slowly, Zephyr walked towards the man, standing behind him as to obscure him from the crowd. His long cloak made that much easier. "Excuse me," he spoke in a soft voice, so that only the three people there could hear him, "You seem to have dropped something."

Naga
Naga

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumaru Sat May 09, 2015 6:41 pm

The coolness that resided in the shadows calmed Sumaru. He wasn't good with heat due to the fact that he was an Albino. He stood in the shadows because they were the only things that accepted him. They understood him and he loved nothing more then to reside within the darkness. He opened his eyes for a moment to see an arm wrestling match end. He wondered how people found amusement in physical displays of power like that. He looked down at his Silver Bracelet and smirked. He could raise a tad bit of chaos by Djinn Equipping Focalor.

He shook his head. His job wasn't to cause a scene. The job he had given himself was to relax. He brought himself to this peaceful setting so that he could try and follow the path of redemption. He needed to relax and get the dark thoughts out of his mind before doing any of this. But of course it was easier said then done. Sumaru did a a partial Focalor Djinn Equip. The only thing that changed on him were a few feathers poked out of his leather jacket. He flew upwards and landed on top of a merchants store. He looked around taking in his complete environment. "So many targets..." He raised one hand above his head creating a mini tornado. As he was about to release it he snapped back to reality. He undid his Djinn Equip and dispersed the tornado. He let out a sigh "Am I truly to far gone?"

Sumaru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum